48” Mainline Block Valve Assembly
- Abrasive blasting of Valve Assemblies
- Custom designed temporary coating structure.
- Plural-Component application
Norpoint was awarded the external abrasive blasting and coating of twenty-eight  – 48” High Pressure MLBV assemblies for a gas transmission line. Given the extreme weight and logistical challenges with shipping, Norpoint worked with the contractor to develop a field coating program to complete these assemblies. This involved erecting a hoarding structure that could be moved between assemblies between staging and execution of the work. The project was supported by Norpoint’s double blast unit, plural component spray coating trailer, Jet Heater and other supplementary equipment.
- Aid with the design and construction of temporary hoarding structure that would be suitable for abrasive blasting and coating
- Complete SCAT testing
- Surface Blast – Abrasive blast cleaning to SSPC-SP10/NACE 2
- Buried Service Coating – Application of Denso Protal 7200 spray grade at 25-35 mils
- Above Grade Coating – Transition coating of Epoxy / Polyurethane
- Duration: 12 months, 4692 man hours with zero lost time incidents.