Oil Storage Tank Floating Roof External Coating
- Abrasive blasting of Tank External Floating Roof & Pontoons
- Abrasive Removal
- Roller Application of Coating
This onsite 202’ Dia Oil Storage Tank required the topside of Floating Roof & Pontoons abrasive blasted & coated for a submerged service environment per client specifications. To do so, we implemented a custom project approach.
- Performed pre-blast inspection and found the substrate was SSPC-ViS-1 CONDITION G1 with extensive pin point rusting visible.
- All sharp edges required chamfer with grinding disk to meet NACE SPO-178
- Some weld repairs were required to be completed by Client
- Complete SCAT testing was completed for contamination to ensure acceptable levels
- Heat was Induced in tank void under EFR to maintain Substrate conditions.
- Surfaces were abrasive blasted to a SSPC-SP10/NACE 2 Near White Blast & Spent abrasive removed via Industrial VEC Loader Vacuum
- Prime coat of Devoe Bar-Rust 235 applied after final blast inspection on a daily basis until the entire surface of tank was completely abrasive blasted & primed in.
- Total DFT Applied was 12 to 16 Mils DFT in multiple roller coats per Client Specification.
- Between Roller Application Coats, to attain specified DFT, the Surface was cleaned of all debris and Protrusions
- All low areas Identified and recoated to specification