Rocky Mountains Pipeline Integrity
- Pipeline Integrity Dig Program Abrasive Blasting & Coating
- Plural Spray Application
- CSA Z245.30
This Pipeline Integrity Project was located in a challenging environment along the Rocky Mountains.
Norpoint is certified
- Construction of temporary hoarding structure over pipe section to contain spent abrasive dust & overspray was built
- The exposed pipe section required removing existing coating & was abrasive blasted to a SSPC SP5 White Metal Blast to allow for 3rd party pipe inspection, including stress corrosion cracking.
- After the pipe section was 3rd party inspected & the required pipe repairs were completed by the client, the pipe section required Abrasive Blasting & Coating prior to blackfill
- Complete SCAT testing was completed
- Surface Blast included Abrasive blast cleaning to SSPC-SP10/NACE 2
- Buried Service Coating Application of Denso Protal 7200 spray grade at 25-35 mils per client specifications
- All work completed to the CSA Z245.30 compliant for buried service coatings.